Tuesday, February 23, 2010

In my handwriting..

Doing batik yesterday - aka wax painting with a little chunk of foam
My new shoes!


READ SECOND:READ FIRST:


Click on the two pictures of the writing to make the photos bigger and you can read a description of my morning routine here! We keep field journals and I thought instead of writing it twice I would just let you see my beautiful handwriting :)

Another gorgeous day in Africa, as always. We're learning more complicated things in Wolof now, like how to say "My dad grew up in Janesville and now he lives in Madelia." Hope you enjoy my sarcasm :)

My friend/adopted sis from California, Devin, is also keeping a blog while we're here in Senegal. She is a lit major from UC Berkley and you might enjoy her writing over mine. We compliment each other in this way, I do the visual thing, and she's better with her words. Her blog address --> inanevice.tumblr.com
You'll see lots of my photos on there :)

After another afternoon of batiking, we're going to a soccer game to see a friend play. I'm excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment