Thursday, February 25, 2010

Heading out to the heat

Devin's host cousin Baba makes the BEST attaayha
I came to Africa and found my sister from California


Well folks, no worries, I'm not falling off the face of the earth but I will be gone for the next week. We're heading inland, out of the city and into the real African heat to a village called Kedougou. (google map it if you so desire). We are leaving early tomorrow morning and will return to Dakar late next Saturday. Now that I feel quite settled in Dakar I'm looking forward to a bit of a change up and as always, new experiences. Expect some great stories! (and for me to complain about how hot it is..I'm sure you snowbirds won't give me any sympathy!)

Last night was a lot of laughs with Devin's host family and my cousins. We just hung out and chatted and drank tea. Oh and did I mention we laughed a lot?

Until next week,
Love ya all,
Amanda :)

No comments:

Post a Comment