Friday, April 16, 2010

Giggles

I spent Wednesday in downtown with my hilarious friend mamadou. Here is us taking jumping photos on self timer with my camera hanging out on the back of his motorcycle, on the avenue right by the ocean. I'm sporting my Senegal jersey and Senegalese all stars. This kid cracks me up!

I've spent this morning hanging out at my friend Bay's telephone repair shop. Drinking cafe touba and talking with the whole world. Really need to get putting some serious time into my photo project, but photo taking is just so extremely difficult here! I hate always being seen as a tourist..argh. However, yesterday was a promo day on phone credit, rocking because I finally have credit! (mobile to mobile minutes and texts are sooo amazing.)

After spending some time at My Shop for internet, I'm heading back to Wakam to eat some lunch with my new (and very tall) friend Seye. We're eating souloukhou for lunch, whatever that is. Hopefully NOT fish! Well, its 2 pm, I think its time for lunch!

1 comment:

  1. hello,
    I'm a senegalese woman who love cooking and just proud of you, thank you for your bloc about my beautiful country that most people don't know.
    PS: sorry but the Souloukhou you have eaten was fish, no way to make souloukhou without fish.
    Love and bless
    Aminata

    ReplyDelete