Thursday, March 18, 2010

Les meme choses

Jess working on the wheel
My friend Samba with rocking shades (he's going to teach me how to make tea)
Photo art by me
My friend Mamadou visiting from Kedougou
Ceramics workshop
Trying to make something out of clay on the wheel..concentrating really hard!

Recently things have just been the daily life here which I am thoroughly enjoying. I am getting really good at killing cockroaches and shooing away cats and rats while brushing my teeth or doing my laundry. Afternoons have been spent at the Village Des Arts where I have been taking part in making ceramics. We got to use the wheel today and I wasn't very good at it! I am succumbing to my addictions daily of coca cola, yougurt, sweet bread and chocopain, chocolate, sunshine, and life. I'm hoping to learn how to make tea tonight and possibly visit a friend who is a tailor for another skirt! Yay! Tomorrow I have plans to return once again to Goree Island for another class project with Jarvis and Phillepe. I need to buy more credit for my cell phone and work on more exercises for school. We had two quizzes today of my language classes which were tough since I went out last night in a big group of American students to celebrate St. Patrick's day. My friend Mamadou from Kedougou also came with us so it was fun to see him again.

Well, my camera battery is charged, I have a bandaid on some strange looking thing on my arm and I'm still scraping clay off my hands. My yellow capris are never going to be yellow. Off to take a car rapide for 100 CFA home (about 26 cents).

I hear that there's some flooding going on at home. Please don't let my room wash away Mom and Dad. Thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment